This is the Archived Blog of Tina Hunter. For new posts go to www.TinaHunter.ca

Monday, September 25, 2006

Oh, The Pain

So I've been sick off and on for the last two months. I mentioned in an earlier entry that I thought at one point that I might be pregnant because I got nauseous every time I ate. Don't worry, this is still NOT the case.

I went to the doctor (finally) on Saturday. He pushed on my stomach, asked me some questions and then said… TA DA!!! You have glastro-blah-de-da, which left untreated will turn into an ulcer.

An Ulcer!?!

Yes, I have the beginning of an ulcer. So I have to go for a couple of tests, and then they can treat it. Turns out that stress has very little to do with getting an ulcer. It may be a factor, but not the sole cause. If you use Advil or Ibuprofen a lot, that can help cause one. So can some sort of bacteria. If you have all three (I know I have at least two) than you have the best chances to get an ulcer.

The Advil one sucks, because I need it for my headaches (migraines). I'm supposed to switch to Tylenol for a bit, but Tylenol is bad for your liver so it one for another. Such is life. (I'm in my early 20's… I'm too young for an ulcer)

I have been really stressed out lately so I'm sure that it has helped as much as stress can to the formation of this diagnosis. My hope upon hope is that I can somehow just write my novel and not have to worry about a day job every again.

That’s probably a couple of years off at the earliest, but still it's something to look forward to. Well that’s the update. Hope your weekend was better than mine.

TTYL,

Dust

No comments: