This is the Archived Blog of Tina Hunter. For new posts go to www.TinaHunter.ca

Saturday, April 07, 2007

She Keeps Going...

Here's the break down for the last two days:

April 5th - 106 words on "WC&S" (not much I know but at least it was something)

April 6th - Read through a friends manuscript and critiqued it. No new words on my own stuff.

I don't remember if I mentioned before, but I'm going away to Cuba in three weeks. I think it's about time I had a vacation. Also, It'll give me some real experiences to add to my novel. It is set on an Island. The only islands I've been on were Vancouver and Salt Spring. I think getting a more tropical view will help me out quite a bit in my re-write.

I've broken down my re-write into two parts. Part one- Easy Stuff: The first 5 chapters are basically fine, they only need minor changes. Part Two - Harder Stuff: After chapter 5, I need to add a chapter and re-write chapters 6 through 9 (or 7-10 if you add the new chaper). My current chapter 10 is ok as is but it needs some edits (and to be finished) so it doesn't fall under either parts. It's part of Phase 2: Writing the rest of the novel.

I'm giving myself a break from my novel until I get back from my vacation. Besides, White Cats and Suicide is really coming along. Well, best get back to it.

C

No comments: