This is the Archived Blog of Tina Hunter. For new posts go to www.TinaHunter.ca

Monday, April 09, 2007

The Long Weekend

I love long weekends. I normally get the full four days off, so currently I am sitting here with a full day ahead of me with nothing but what I want to do in front of me. That will be writing.

Update: My mother just called and wants to go for lunch. I also just remembered that I have a doctors appointment this afternoon. So much for the whole day ahead of me. - Sigh- I should be able to get a couple hours in, at least... I hope.

This writing ANY amount every day seems to be working. I've written somewhere between 100 words to 2,000 words everyday and that will get me finished faster than not writing at all. I'm also doing well about the every day thing. I took Friday off from writing but I think that's ok. I've written 5 days out of the last 6 (not counting today yet). Not bad for a starting point.

I'm looking forward to another library meeting, but it looks like it might not be on Wednesday. Silly life things are getting in the way and we might have to shuffle around the days a bit over the next couple of weeks. But I'm ok with it. So long as it in the cards somewhere I know it will help me keep this momentum going... and I'd really like to keep it going.

Haven't done another assignment for my tutor yet. I'm on unit 9 and unit 10 is about actually writing your novel. Since I haven't jumped back into my novel yet, I'm putting this on a slight hold until I get into it again (which should be when I get back from Cuba).

Word Count Update:

April 7th - 2,340 (approx) words on "WC&S"

April 8th - 490 (approx) words on "WC&S"

Theses are approximates because I was writing by hand and just took an average rather then count every word. Once I type them up on the computer I may update the numbers here... but then again, I might not.

Best get on with the day. Have a good one,

C

1 comment:

E.C.Bell said...

Way to go on keeping up with your writing! This "any" amount every day seems to be working for you. Congrats.

Oh, by the way, 850 new words on Virago! Yahoo! Started it again -- and it isn't half bad! And I say yahoo again! Wholeheartedly!