This is the Archived Blog of Tina Hunter. For new posts go to www.TinaHunter.ca

Friday, October 06, 2006

Bad things

So I'm now under the impression that bad things happen to good people.

My stomach pain has become a real problem.

It's hard to move around, walk, stand, lift. It's like the movement jars my stomach into spasms. Here's the worst part. It's getting so I can't even sit straight up without being in a lot of pain.

Fetal position seems to bring it back down to minimum, but that's not going to happen at work... there's the problem.

I can't even work with this pain. I've had pain before and managed to work through it, but this... I think I'm going to check myself back into the emergency. (What? you ask, When did this happen?)

Tuesday night. The pain got to be really bad. Even then 5 people had to talk me into going before I would. I don't like doctors. So it was a relatively short stint in the hospital. Out by midnight. They took some blood, ran some tests, made me drink this awful but effective milk stuff that froze my stomach. I had 4 whole minutes without pain before the freezing wore off. By the end of it, they gave me a little pill that was suppose to cut off the acid production in my stomach, and I was suppose to cut out anything in my diet that might cause acidity.

Did that, it didn't help. Took the pill, and the pain is getting worse. So what now?

I haven't decided yet, possibly check myself back into emergency and see what the doctors have to say, possibly not, although my boyfriend is already insisting that I go. I'll figure something out.

I think besides the fact that I can't work with this pain, the worst thing is that it's hard to sit at a computer and write. I'm getting to a good part in my novel (to an author every part is a good part). I want to keep writing, but every time I sit down in front of the computer, I get these awful shooting pains across my stomach. It happens at work and at home. I think I'm in a bit of a pickle here...

Is this thing rendering my an invalid... I hope not, cause that would really suck.

Well, It's my last day here at this office, I'm suppose to go back to my own on Tuesday. Lets see if I make it there.

Cheers,

Dust

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

are you cured ? what's wrong ? I've heard canada has a wide shift in medical abilities from one part of the country to another. are you getting good treatment ?